4) If you are using Android devices, and you’ve done the above and still aren’t receiving Reminders, then this may be due to the Battery Saver on some phone models – such as Samsung – cancelling notifications to save Battery. To enable Elephant to keep setting reminders go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Unmonitored Apps and add Elephant to the list. This may vary on different devices or different version of Android. Elephant will only have a very minor impact on the battery life of a device so enabling this will not drain your battery.
Oh dear – sometimes it’s because a setting is wrongly configured or occasionally it’s because you’ve stumbled upon a bug (in which case email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll jump on it!).
Here are some checks you can do to make sure you’re all set up correctly…
1) When the app first installs and you open it, it asks you to allow notifications. If you didn’t allow this then you can go into Settings > Notifications > Allow Settings.
2) Check the app is turned ‘On’ by looking at the top-left corner of the screen. Next, check your start/stop times are set for now as you won’t be sent reminders if the current time is outside of your start/stop times.
3) Notifications will ONLY be sent to your phone or watch when the app is closed and/or your phone is locked. So use the phone app to choose your new habit and settings, and then press the phone’s home button to close the app and lock your phone. Reminders will now be sent.
Please note that when an Android phone is turned off or runs out of battery all planned notifications are cleared so you will have to just open Elephant again and the notifications will be set for the current reminder.
5) If you’re using Elephant App with your Smartwatch, and reminders aren’t being sent, check if the watch app been installed. This should happen automatically when you first install the app to your phone and open the app. If it has installed, you’ll see a small white circle with the Elephant App logo inside it. Tap on it and it should sync with the phone app (ensure bluetooth is switched on). If it hasn’t installed on your watch, then go to the iPhone Watch app > Elephant > and select ‘Show App on Apple Watch’.